aql is a fast-paced, rapidly growing and award-winning wholesale telecommunications and data-centre company based in Leeds city centre. We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of large retail, government and other high-profile organisations.
We are currently looking for a qualified and accomplished commercial electrician to work on a variety of installation and maintenance work, across a breadth of electrical services, including security, alarms, general electrical and lighting plus specialist systems within our data centre environment. Ideally, the applicant will also be able to undertake periodic testing and inspection services, as well as commissioning systems.
- Travelling across our Leeds sites delivering sound electrical services as required.
- Working across a variety of electrical services in commercial, industrial, office and other environments.
- Ensuring that all relevant working practices comply with current health & safety legislation and procedures.
- Complying with the established security policies and procedures of the company.
- City & Guilds Electrical Installation Level 3 (minimum).
- Conversant with the latest Wiring Regulations 18th Edition - BS7671.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in this field.
- Self-motivated, able to work without supervision and to deadlines.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to learn.
- Able to work well as part of a team to help and motivate others.
- Prepared to work overtime as required by the role.
- Holder of a current UK driving licence.
- City & Guilds 2391 Course Inspection & Testing.
- Experience working in data centre/computer room environments.
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from Leeds station.
- On-site gym.
- Cycle to work.
- Free fruit every Monday and Wednesday.
- Free payday company breakfast.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Free access to events held at Salem Chapel.
- Corporate MCard annual pass scheme.