aql is a fast-paced, rapidly growing and award-winning wholesale telecommunications and data centre company based in Leeds city centre. We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of large retail, government and other high-profile organisations.
We are currently looking for a dedicated, highly organised and ambitious Account Director to join our dynamic senior leadership team, reporting to the Managing Director.
Accountable for delivering the highest levels of customer service to our key customers, you will implement and drive best practice across all areas of the account management process. With a key focus on creating strong and lasting relationships, you will develop our account management function to ensure that at all times we think of our customers first. You will be a structured and collaborative leader of our account management and service management functions, developing both our people and processes.
You will have responsibility for growing revenue and profitability across key account areas as well as ensuring compliance with our contractual obligations to customers. You will be proactive, professional and demand the highest standards. You will implement and nurture a consultative approach to our customer relationships and drive a focus on delivery at all times.
You will be able to demonstrate exceptional achievement in account management and leadership, with high levels of commercial acumen. You will be skilled at strategic planning and possess excellent influencing and negotiating skills. You will be exceptionally organised, a strong project manager and possess an experienced working knowledge of technology contracts. As well as a first-class relationship builder and problem solver who is comfortable being hands on with day-to-day customer management activity, you will be creative, flexible and able to work collaboratively across the business.
- Setting and delivering strategic commercial objectives and customer growth plans
- Building and developing profitable long-term customer partnerships
- Maximising existing customer relationships and generating new opportunities for revenue growth
- Delivering a superior customer experience by working collaboratively across the business
- Managing, supporting and motivating a team of account executives and service managers
- Working with the wider senior management team to define and implement the overall business strategy
- Have a successful track record as an Account Director or senior commercial manager
- Have extensive experience of partnering with customers on business strategy and solutions
- Are an inspiring and proactive people manager
- Are highly motivated and target driven
- Have a background in the technology or telecoms industry
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station
- On-site gym
- Cycle to work and Childcare Vouchers
- Free fruit every Monday and Wednesday
- Free payday company breakfast
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to events held at Salem Chapel
- Corporate MCard annual pass scheme