Audit & Compliance Manager
Our mission is to empower a better-connected society by providing innovation which enables and underpins seamless communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Senior Leadership Team and chairing monthly regulatory compliance board meetings, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the regulatory data protection and information security management for all aql group companies. Regular reviews and monitoring of internal processes will be a critical part of the role to ensure the ongoing efficiency and effectiveness of our compliance programme.
You’ll be heavily involved with drafting policies and collaborating with key internal stakeholders across the business to compile the necessary content and making sure this is shared with all employees through regulatory compliance awareness, engagement and training.
Working with the Internal Audit team you’ll be managing and co-ordinating the internal audit programme and related actions, plus organising external audit visits, preparation and reviews. A close working relationship with the Data Protection Officer will be in place to conduct full investigations into the circumstances of major information security breaches.
You’ll also be in charge of reviewing and challenging business proposals to ensure there has been adequate consideration of the regulatory requirements. The role will also involve the management of customer, end user and subject access requests, as well as customer and supplier regulatory enquiries.
You must be an articulate and professional Audit & Compliance Manager with a solid knowledge of regulatory compliance management. You should have a drive to ensure company internal policies, processes and procedures are in line with relevant regulatory, legal and ethical standards.
Being self-motivated, solutions focused and a credible, first-class communicator who is skilled at influencing effectively and with integrity at all levels would be highly beneficial.
- Familiar with UK data protection law and GDPR principles
- Experience of internal and external audit requirements and procedures
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in collaboration with others to achieve results
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of the role – able to prioritise and remain highly organised in a fast-moving environment
- Able to communicate openly and honestly across the business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues in a straightforward way
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Able to influence at all levels and manage a variety of project-based teams
- Lead auditor experience
- Experience of implementing ISO 27001 and ISO 9001
- Experience of Cyber Essentials and other certifications
- Remote working
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds
- Annual travel pass if needed
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part.