Building Maintenance Engineer
At aql, we believe a connected society is a better society. A career with us will place you at the heart of a thriving workplace community, (em)powering people across the world.
We're a group of techies, creatives and everything in between, and we're always looking for talented people to join our growing team in the heart of the thriving South Bank, Leeds. We’re soon to be surrounded by a 6 acre city park and our HQ will become the focal point.
We innovate and break things; doing things other companies don't do - details of which you can find on aql.com/blog. In other words, aql isn't your average company and our people aren't average either.
We want to be excited about coming to work and we want to make a difference. Otherwise, what's the point?
Key values :
- Collaboration: Above all, we believe in and succeed through collaboration. It’s at the heart of who we are, we support each other in order to succeed.
- Knowledge: With collaboration comes a sharing of knowledge. We are always learning, growing and evolving in order to continue to deliver the best possible service for our customers. As one of the team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside leading experts in their field, with a wealth of experience to share.
- Innovation: We strive to accelerate progress by taking an imaginative and original approach to all we do.
- Trust: We have a culture of transparency, communication and respect, ensuring our relationships with employees, teams and customer partnerships are built on trust and integrity. We embrace change, diversity and the opinions and ideas of others.
- Impact: Not only are we driven to innovate, but we are mindful of doing this in a way which gives back to our planet and environment. From protecting ancient woodland to designing heat-sharing schemes for our datacentres - we believe in being “more good” rather than “less bad”.
Job role, duties & responsibilities:
We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of other organisations, such as retail and government, from our sites in central Leeds.
As our Building Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for the general maintenance, repairs, compliance and improvements of those sites, internally and externally, ensuring works are carried out to the required standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking regular inspections/quality checks of the buildings, ensuring any actions are completed
- General repairs, installations and fitting
- Painting and decorating
- Plastering and tiling
- Joinery work
- Basic plumbing tasks
- Basic building work
- Engaging external contractors when necessary
- Project management
- Ensuring the premises are fully compliant with all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Ordering materials and supplies as required in line with company procedures and budget
We are looking for a proactive, multi-skilled maintenance and facilities professional who has extensive experience of working hands-on in a similar role and proven trade skills. You are flexible and versatile, with sound knowledge of property repair and maintenance requirements and strong project management skills, including the ability to manage, organise, plan and monitor a range of activities at the same time. You are a natural problem solver and good communicator with a can-do attitude, have up-to-date knowledge of relevant H&S legislation and a full driving licence.
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station
- Free on-site gym
- Free on-site parking
- Free fruit
- Free payday company breakfast
- Free table tennis and table football
- Free monthly socials
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual travel pass scheme