Business Development Manager
Our mission is to power a connected society by providing high quality solutions that enable communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
A career at aql will place you at the heart of an industry-leading trusted communications provider empowering people across the world.
We’re a group of techies, creatives and everything in between who innovate and break things. In other words, we try to do what other companies don’t (to find out more visit our blog).
aql is a trusted communications provider specialising in secure and reliable wholesale access to fixed and mobile networks for government, enterprise and innovators. We are responsible for voice services and numbering for approximately 90 million numbers for over 20 UK ISPs, route over 1 million SMS text messages per day and enable over 40 UK MVNO brands. We also own and operate a significant national data network and secure datacentre sites within the UK.
aql is a global company with our heart firmly beating from the centre of Leeds. We’re always looking for talented people to join the team, no matter where they are located.
We want you to be excited about working for a fast paced and ambitious company, one that is truly making a difference. Otherwise, what’s the point?
- Collaboration: Above all, we believe in and succeed through collaboration. It’s at the heart of who we are. We support each other and our customers in order to succeed.
- Innovation: We strive to accelerate progress by taking an imaginative and original approach to all we do.
- Empowerment: We design systems to enable customers to implement technology without the heavy lifting.
- Knowledge: With collaboration comes a sharing of knowledge. We are always learning, growing and evolving in order to continue to deliver the best possible service for our customers. As one of the team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside leading experts in their field, with a wealth of experience to share.
- Trust: We have a culture of transparency, communication and respect, ensuring our relationships with employees, teams and customer partnerships are built on trust and integrity. We embrace change, diversity and the opinions and ideas of others.
- Impact: Not only are we driven to innovate, but we are mindful of doing this in a way which gives back to our planet and environment. From protecting ancient woodland to designing heat-sharing schemes for our datacentres – we believe in ‘tech for good’.
Job role, duties & responsibilities:
We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of other organisations, such as retail and government.
As our Business Development Manager, reporting to the Customer Experience Director, you will be responsible for identifying, engaging and securing new business opportunities, in line with the Company’s strategic and financial targets.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Spotting and procuring new business in line with aql strategy.
- Establishing, maintaining and nurturing effective relationships with new clients.
- Creating and delivering professional, high-quality presentations, proposals and negotiations.
- Accurate analysis and reporting of progress, profitability and prospects to senior management.
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Forecasting and tracking key account metrics.
- Assisting and owning customer requests or issuing escalations as needed. .
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate will be ambitious and target driven, and able to demonstrate exceptional achievement in business development and sales. You will be skilled at turning prospects into long-standing, loyal accounts, and possess excellent influencing and negotiating abilities. As well as a first-class communicator and relationship builder, you will be customer focused and able to work collaboratively across the business. You will have outstanding negotiating, presentation and networking skills, with a background in the tech/telecoms industry.
- Remote working
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds
- Annual travel pass if needed