Our mission is to power a connected society by providing high quality solutions that enable communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant Northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
We are looking for a competent and accomplished Datacentre Engineer to work within our data centre team. This is a fast growing and exciting area of our business, and a key strategic element of our growth plans.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the senior management team in the day-to-day running of the data centre facilities, to ensure provision of timely, quality service and total customer satisfaction.
- Creation and upkeep of project and data-centre specific documentation, reports and logs.
- Maintaining high installation standards within the data centre environment.
- Working across a variety of services including Intelligent Hands, data cabling, planned maintenance, installation and decommission of IT equipment, administration of access control systems and general management of data centre facilities.
- Conducting preventative maintenance and fault diagnosis and managing the corrective action and reports or quotes required.
- Supporting and facilitating technical subcontractors/suppliers during planned or reactive service visits and minor works while ensuring they conform to the site procedures and contractual agreements.
- Monitoring and performing routine tests of the data centre temperatures, humidity and space conditions and ensuring they are maintained and recorded in accordance with business requirements.
- Escalating any issues that affect the availability, health & safety and security of the site.
- Ensuring compliance with health & safety legislation.
- Ensuring compliance with ISO27001.
- Adhering to all current company policies and industry obligations.
You will have
- A demonstrable and strong working experience in data centre management.
- Good level of knowledge about data centre operation and management procedures.
- Experience or ability of developing and documenting operational processes.
- Good level of knowledge about data centre power distribution and cooling systems.
- Good level of knowledge about monitoring the data centre environment and critical assets.
- Working knowledge of the technical requirements and builds of power infrastructures for data centres and telecommunication/IT equipment.
- Strong experience of data centre cabling and electrical maintenance.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Ability to logically and methodically think through problems.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- The ability to work well in a small team.
- Full driving licence.
- 18th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations & 2391-52 Testing & Inspection.
- Experience in fibre splicing.
- Data centre industry qualifications.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds
- Annual travel pass if needed
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part