Data Centre Engineer
aql is a fast-paced, rapidly growing and award-winning data centre and wholesale telecommunications company based in the centre of Leeds. We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of large retail, government and other high-profile organisations.
We are looking for a competent and accomplished Data Centre Engineer to work within our data centre team. This is a fast growing and exciting area of our business, and a key strategic element of our growth plans.
- Supporting the senior management team in the day-to-day running of the data centre facilities, to ensure provision of timely, quality service and total customer satisfaction.
- Creation and upkeep of project and data-centre specific documentation, reports and logs.
- Maintaining high installation standards within the data centre environment.
- Working across a variety of services including Intelligent Hands, data cabling, planned maintenance, installation and decommission of IT equipment, administration of access control systems and general management of data centre facilities.
- Conducting preventative maintenance and fault diagnosis and managing the corrective action and reports or quotes required.
- Supporting and facilitating technical subcontractors/suppliers during planned or reactive service visits and minor works while ensuring they conform to the site procedures and contractual agreements.
- Monitoring and performing routine tests of the data centre temperatures, humidity and space conditions and ensuring they are maintained and recorded in accordance with business requirements.
- Escalating any issues that affect the availability, health & safety and security of the site.
- Ensuring compliance with health & safety legislation.
- Ensuring compliance with ISO27001.
- Adhering to all current company policies and industry obligations.
You will have
- A demonstrable and strong working experience in data centre management.
- Good level of knowledge about data centre operation and management procedures.
- Experience or ability of developing and documenting operational processes.
- Good level of knowledge about data centre power distribution and cooling systems.
- Good level of knowledge about monitoring the data centre environment and critical assets.
- Working knowledge of the technical requirements and builds of power infrastructures for data centres and telecommunication/IT equipment.
- Strong experience of data centre cabling and electrical maintenance.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Ability to logically and methodically think through problems.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Strong team player.
- Full driving licence
- Competitive salary.
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station.
- Free on-site parking.
- Free on-site gym.
- Cycle to Work.
- Free fruit.
- Free payday company breakfast.
- Healthcare cash plan scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Corporate MCard annual pass scheme.
- Monthly socials.