At aql, we believe a connected society is a better society. A career with us will place you at the heart of a thriving workplace community, (em)powering people across the world.
We’re a group of techies, creatives and everything in between, and we’re always looking for talented people to join our growing team in the heart of the thriving South Bank, Leeds. We’re soon to be surrounded by a 6 acre city park and our HQ will become the focal point.
We innovate and break things; doing things other companies don’t do – details of which you can find on aql.com/blog. In other words, aql isn’t your average company and our people aren’t average either.
We want to be excited about coming to work and we want to make a difference. Otherwise, what’s the point?
- Collaboration: Above all, we believe in and succeed through collaboration. It’s at the heart of who we are, we support each other in order to succeed.
- Knowledge: With collaboration comes a sharing of knowledge. We are always learning, growing and evolving in order to continue to deliver the best possible service for our customers. As one of the team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside leading experts in their field, with a wealth of experience to share.
- Innovation: We strive to accelerate progress by taking an imaginative and original approach to all we do.
- Trust: We have a culture of transparency, communication and respect, ensuring our relationships with employees, teams and customer partnerships are built on trust and integrity. We embrace change, diversity and the opinions and ideas of others.
Not only are we driven to innovate, but we are mindful of doing this in a way which gives back to our planet and environment. From protecting ancient woodland to designing heat-sharing schemes for our datacentres – we believe in being “more good” rather than “less bad”.
Job role, duties & responsibilities:
We provide services to many UK telecommunications service providers and to thousands of other organisations, such as retail and government. As the Software Development Manager, you will be leading and growing our Development team, working on a diverse range of systems and platforms that manage our innovative messaging, telecoms, datacentre, connectivity and “Internet of Things” services.
The Development Manager role includes the day to day management, mentoring and nurturing of the office based and SOHO development team along with scoping and leading the building of projects to increase and improve our current portfolio of services, the successful candidate will need a well rounded set of skills, both technically and also professionally to guide and grow a talented development team.
Our customers trust us with their sensitive data so you must be able to pass the UK Government Security Vetting. We are a close-knit, friendly team – coffee is always available!
Essential skills, knowledge and/or experience:
Our team currently utilise the following technologies / principles:
- Unit Testing
- Ansible / SaltStack
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station
- Free on-site gym
- Free on-site parking
- Free fruit
- Free payday company breakfast
- Free table tennis and table football
- Free monthly socials
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual travel pass scheme