Our mission is to empower a better-connected society by providing innovation which enables and underpins seamless communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant Northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
An integrated member of aql’s Technical Engineering Systems Team alongside Linux System Administrators. Provides strong links with the Development Team as a dedicated resource, enabling them to deliver value faster and more often with higher quality outcomes.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance to other tech team members from experience and continued learning.
- Aid process of performing the BAU code deployments.
- Increase understanding, documentation, streamlining and automation of development deployment activities.
- Support internal change process for delivering work into production installations.
- Assist with the provisioning of Test/Staging environment that match production installations (physical or virtual).
- Create strong documentation to accompany work. The aim being to pass on streamlined BAU activities while concentrating efforts into continuous improvement and project work.
- Participate in cross-departmental projects to help manage these from initialisation through to completion.
- Take ownership of DevOps Engineering tasks, work, projects and solutions. Providing expertise throughout.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 3+ years of production standard industry experience and a background in relevant areas (DevOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Linux Systems Administrator, Platform Engineer, Developer).
- A resourceful self-starter who is eager to learn and improve things.
- Technically competent with the ability to communicate complex ideas.
- An experienced engineer who enjoys adapting to requirements and solving problems.
- Capable of standing alone but also willing and able to collaborate as a team.
- Passionate about delivering high quality work internally and for aql customers.
- Driven by making a difference, rather than working with cutting edge technology.
- Ability to move between multiple tasks and projects.
- Strictly following, already set out and future internal ISO 27001 compliant processes.
- Up for a challenge!
- Good working knowledge of enterprise standard tools and technology appropriate to the role, including the majority of the below:
* Linux Systems Administration
* MySQL Database Management
* Virtualisation Platforms
* Configuration Management and tools (e.g. Salt, Ansible)
* DevOps / SRE / Agile practices
* Infrastructure Management
* Storage and Backups
* Infrastructure Monitoring Platforms
* Production standard resilient environments
* Scripting and Automation
* Physical Data Centre Infrastructure
* Containerisation (Docker)
* ITSM/ITIL guidelines and practices
* NoSQL data long and short-term storage technologies such as Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ etc.
- Remote working
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds
- Annual travel pass if needed
If you submit an application to aql, your application and personal details will be processed in accordance with the policy outlined in our Applicants’ Privacy Notice.
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part