DevOps Team Manager
At aql, we’re building a DevOps culture with a focus on automation and continuous delivery and are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Team Manager who can help deliver this.
You’ll be based in our unique Leeds City Centre office and, as part of a growing team, you'll be responsible for a team of four who support, maintain and expand the aql systems estate. You'll be liaising closely with developers, networking and support teams.
We're looking for someone with strong experience managing a DevOps team with Linux/Unix skills.
Working in an energetic, fast-paced environment, you’ll have a 'can do' attitude and be able to show initiative and the ability to learn quickly. We're constantly evolving, so you’ll get to use all the latest tools and influence which are adopted for wider use.
You'll take part in an on-call rota providing 24/7 support and you'll be interacting with our customers, suppliers, contractors, senior management and directors and therefore excellent communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines and flexible hours are essential.
Our customers trust us with their sensitive data: You must be able to pass UK Government Security Vetting.
You'll be responsible for:
- Line management and training and development of a team of four
- Experience of motivating and inspiring the team to deliver exemplary service
- Managing the team’s workloads
- Completing monthly appraisals
- Running weekly team meetings
- Effective communication at all levels with integrity
Ideally you'll also have experience in some of the following:
- Automation - SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Monitoring - Zabbix, Munin, Cacti, etc.
- Scripting - Bash, Python, Perl, PHP, etc.