Our mission is to power a connected society by providing high quality solutions that enable communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
The purpose of the Finance Administrator is to support the Finance Team in delivering a smooth and efficient finance function for (aq) Limited and related entities, as required. The role should support and enhance the ability for the Finance Manager / Senior team members to deliver the information to the SLT and the Board on a timely and accurate basis. This role is pivotal in ensuring that all financial admin tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- All elements of administration required within the finance team.
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting outstanding debt from a high volume of customers.
- Ensure that all cash allocations are processed accurately and in a timely manner ensuring unallocated cash is kept to a minimum.
- Resolving customer queries in an efficient manner, working closely with the Account Management and Support team.
- Raising credit notes subject to relevant approvals.
- Raising manual billing, as required.
- Monitoring the credit limit and payment patterns of existing customers.
- Month end bank receipts posting and reconciliation.
- Streamlining and documenting current processes.
- Dealing with internal and external finance queries.
- Assisting with audit queries.
- Intercompany recharges.
- Assistance with preparation of information to support management accounting, as required.
- Ad-hoc support and cover of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable team may be required during busy periods, holidays, or sickness.
Ideally, you will have experience working within the finance team of an owner managed business. You will have a basic understanding of Credit Control, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions. Initial training will be given in the department as required, to introduce the candidate to the business and provide an overview of internal and bespoke systems.
- Have outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile accounts.
- Will be accurate, efficient, and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed.
- Will be able to work well as part of a team.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including basic formatting skills, vlookup’s and pivot tables).
- Will remain professional, confident, and diplomatic when liaising with others.
- Can maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal colleagues.
- Will be adaptable to change.
- Have previous finance/admin experience (preferred).
Whilst a finance qualification would be an advantage it is not critical to the role.
- Remote working.
- Competitive salary.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Pension scheme.
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds.
- Annual travel pass if needed.
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part.