aql is a fast-paced, rapidly growing and award-winning datacentre and wholesale telecommunications company based in the centre of Leeds. We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of large retail, government and other high-profile organisations.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable Finance Assistant who loves to be in a busy and changing environment.
You will be part of a small finance team, reporting into the Finance Manager. You will be involved in a range of financial activities, ensuring they are carried out effectively and efficiently and to a very high standard of accuracy.
- Bank receipts posting and reconciliation
- Sales Ledger processing
- Working pro-actively to ensure prompt payment from customers
- Pro-actively managing the aged debtor book and all aspects of credit control, including the streamlining of the credit control process.
- Dealing with internal and external finance queries
- Banking customer cheques
- Assisting with audit queries
- Intercompany recharges
- Posting journals using Sage Line 50
- Bank reconciliation
- VAT returns
- Assisting with some assistant accountant duties on an ad hoc basis, as required
- Ad hoc purchase ledger assistance
- Supporting the team in other duties that contribute to the smooth running of the department
- Will be able to work well as part of a team
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Have the desire to progress within a finance department
- Have previous finance experience (preferred)
- Are studying towards a professional finance qualification (preferred)
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career in finance, industry and role-based training will be given but the candidate will have at least two years relevant and demonstrable experience in a similar role and will be a self-starter. A supporting financial certification, similar to AAT or CICM would be desired but is not essential.
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station
- On-site parking
- On-site gym
- Table tennis
- Cycle to work
- Free fruit every Monday and Wednesday
- Free payday company breakfast
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Monthly social events
- Corporate MCard annual pass scheme