We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable Finance Assistant who loves to be in a busy and changing environment.
You will be part of a small finance team, reporting into the Financial Controller. You will be involved in a range of financial activities, ensuring they are carried out effectively and efficiently and to a very high standard of accuracy.
- Bank receipts posting and reconciliation
- Sales Ledger processing
- Working pro-actively to ensure prompt payment from customers
- Dealing with internal and external finance queries
- Banking customer cheques
- Assisting with audit queries
- Intercompany recharges
- Posting journals using Sage Line 50
- Bank reconciliation
- VAT returns
- Supporting the team in other duties that contribute to the smooth running of the department
- Will be able to work well as part of a team
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Have the desire to progress within a finance department
- Have previous finance experience (preferred)
- Are studying towards a professional finance qualification (preferred)
Ideally, you will be a graduate with a finance-related degree. This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career in finance and become a qualified accountant. Training will be given in the department as required, while CIMA/ACCA study support will be provided after a qualifying period.