Head of Business Development
Our mission is to power a connected society by providing high quality solutions that enable communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant Northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
As our Head of Business Development you’ll be part of our dynamic team, responsible for developing, delivering and measuring a high-performing business development strategy that drives revenue growth across all products, identifying and targeting new areas for development while maximising existing business opportunities.
Accountable for the profitability and successful long-term development of aql customer accounts, you will ensure their requirements are met effectively by the business. Proactive in recognising growth potential within existing accounts and recommending insightful solutions, you will be adept at building credible relationships at all levels to ensure long-term, profitable relationships and business growth.
The role will involve:
- Producing and implementing a strategic, targeted plan and strategy for revenue growth and profitability
- Developing robust business development, documentation, reporting and forecasting processes
- Managing, supporting and motivating the Business Development and Account Management teams
- Building the Key account management team and strategy
- Identifying and targeting new business opportunities and capitalising on current customer relationships
- Managing the sales pipeline and forecasting process effectively; reporting accurately on both revenue and progress
- Working as part of the senior leadership team to define and implement the overall business strategy
You are able to demonstrate exceptional achievement in business development, account management and leadership, are skilled at strategic planning and possess excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
As well as a first-class relationship builder and problem solver who is also comfortable being hands on with day-to-day activity, you are flexible, highly customer focused and keen to work collaboratively across the business.
Your people management skills are outstanding, with a focus on inspiring high performance, teamwork and effective communication. You are highly motivated and target driven, with a strong background in either telecoms or one of our customer verticals (health / transport & logistics / ISP community / finance / retail).
Most importantly, you’ll have a track record of carefully and sustainably building a team which delivers rapid returns, on budget, and an in-depth understanding of product hierarchy and cross-sell strategies.
- Remote working
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds
- Annual travel pass if needed
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part