HR Assistant – 8 months FTC
Our mission is to empower a better-connected society by providing innovation which enables and underpins seamless communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
Job role, duties & responsibilities
As our HR Assistant, you will be part of a small team, responsible for providing high quality, effective and efficient HR and business service support across the company.
- On-boarding – new starter documentation and queries, internal system set-up, pre-employment checks, induction, e-learning co-ordination
- Recruitment – interview facilitation and scheduling, candidate liaison
- Keeping HR systems and files updated and accurate, including holidays, absence, DBS, contact details etc.
- Payroll and benefits administration.
- Employee documentation, eg changes to terms and conditions
- Employee relations administration and support.
- HR internal communications
- Supporting employees and line managers with HR queries and employment matters
- Assisting in the production and development of HR policies within the business and ensuring compliance with GDPR and ISO 27001
- Off-boarding – leaver documentation, communication, exit interview and processing
- General business services and office management support
Skills, knowledge and experience
Previous HR generalist experience in a small company setting is essential. Experience of working within a technology / digital business would be an advantage. CIPD qualification desirable.
Personal skills and characteristics
- Be great with people at all levels; strong influencer, advisor and negotiator
- Resourceful and resilient, with excellent attention to detail
- Good knowledge of employment law and HR best practices
- Highly organised and proficient at handling multiple priorities and a busy workload
- Friendly and approachable in manner with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of verbal and written communication
- Highly professional, with integrity and respect for confidentiality
- Agile and able to adapt well in a fast paced, changing environment
- Remote working
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds
- Annual travel pass if needed
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part.