Junior Project Manager
aql is a fast-paced, rapidly growing and award-winning data centre and wholesale telecommunications company based in the centre of Leeds. We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of large retail, government and other high-profile organisations.
Reporting to the Head of Service Management, the Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination and completion of both internal and customer projects on time and within budget and scope, overseeing all aspects, including deadlines and responsibilities. The Project Manager will monitor the progress of the projects and prepare reports as required for senior management.
- Work directly with and manage relationships with clients and key stakeholders for the execution of projects.
- Ensure all deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget, performing risk management to minimise any project risks.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and insuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress, report and escalate to management as necessary.
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Proven work experience in Project Management.
- Experience in Messaging, Mobile, Telecoms, Voice or Data Centre products is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organisational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent teamwork
- Degree level in appropriate field of study preferred
- PRINCE II certification or similar desired.
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from Leeds station
- On-site parking
- On-site gym
- Cycle to work
- Free fruit
- Free payday company breakfast
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Corporate MCard annual pass scheme
- Monthly social events