Linux Systems Administrator
aql is a fast-paced, rapidly growing and award-winning datacentre and wholesale telecommunications company based in Leeds city centre. We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of large retail, government and other high-profile organisations.
At aql, we’re building a tech culture with a focus on automation and continuous delivery and are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic engineer who can help deliver this.
You’ll be based in our unique Leeds city centre office and as part of a growing team you will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and expanding the aql systems estate and liaising closely with developers, networking and support teams.
We're looking for people with strong Linux/Unix [Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat] skills.
Ideally you'll also have experience in some of the following:
- Configuration [Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt]
- Continuous integration/deployment [Jenkins, Bamboo, Teamcity, Bitbucket Pipelines]
- Virtualisation [Vagrant, Docker, VMWare]
- Version Control [Git, Subversion, CVS]
- Knowledge of PHP preferable
Working in an energetic, fast-paced environment, you’ll have a 'can do' attitude and be able to show initiative and the ability to learn quickly. We are constantly evolving, so you’ll get to use all the latest tools and influence which are adopted for wider use.
You will take part in an on-call rota providing 24/7 support and you will be interacting with our customers, suppliers, contractors, senior management and directors and therefore excellent communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines and flexible hours are essential.
Our customers trust us with their sensitive data: You must be able to pass UK Government Security Vetting.
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work
- Table tennis and table football
- Free fruit
- Free payday company breakfast
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Monthly socials
- Corporate MCard annual pass scheme