Our mission is to empower a better-connected society by providing innovation which enables and underpins seamless communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant Northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
About the role:
As a Porting Technician, you’ll be a critical part of our support team delivering quality number porting services. Porting customer numbers is an important part of aql’s excellent customer service experience and must be delivered in a timely and knowledgeable manner. The role demands strong end-to-end task management and high levels of communications with both work colleagues and customers throughout the porting journey. This is a customer facing role and you’ll be representing aql so must at all times be professional reflecting the company’s high standards.
- Scheduling and coordination of number portings with customers and other carriers within agreed SLAs
- Verifying the porting requirement raised by customers for various products
- Initiating porting requests with carriers, regularly following up re progress and finalising porting dates
- Notifying customers regarding scheduling of their number porting requests
- Porting rejection management in coordination with customers and other carriers
- Coordinating with various internal teams in line with requirements
- Reacting to escalations as per business priority
- Attending regular calls with customers as applicable
You must have a genuine passion for and proven track record of providing excellent customer service. Being accurate, efficient and organised is a must in this role, plus able to work productively on your own or as a supportive team member. You should have experience of working to tight and moving deadlines. Working within a fast paced environment, you should be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to juggle a busy workload. Previous experience working within a number porting role would be highly beneficial.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds
- Annual travel pass if needed
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part