Regulatory Compliance Manager
aql is a fast-paced, rapidly growing and award-winning wholesale telecommunications company based in central Leeds. We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of large retail, government and other high-profile organisations.
We are looking for an articulate and professional Regulatory Compliance Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for ensuring the Company’s internal policies, rules and processes are in line with relevant regulatory, legal and ethical standards.
You have solid experience of regulatory compliance management, are self-motivated, solutions focused and a credible, first-class communicator who is skilled at influencing effectively and with integrity at all levels.
- Managing internal stakeholder regulatory compliance awareness, engagement and training.
- Overseeing regulatory data protection and information security management.
- Drafting policies and policy standards - collaborating with stakeholders across the business as necessary on content and controls.
- Managing and co-ordinating the internal audit programme and related actions.
- Reviewing and challenging business proposals to ensure there has been adequate consideration of the regulatory requirements.
- Regularly reviewing, monitoring and developing procedures to ensure the ongoing efficiency and effectiveness of our compliance programme.
- Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team and chairing monthly Regulatory Compliance Board meetings.
- Management of customer/end user and subject access requests, as well as customer and supplier regulatory enquiries.
- Liaising with external and regulatory bodies such as ICO and Ofcom.
- Familiar with UK data protection law and GDPR principles.
- Experience of internal audit requirements and procedures.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in collaboration with others to achieve results.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of the role – able to prioritise and remain highly organised in a fast-moving environment.
- Able to communicate openly and honestly across the business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues in a straightforward way.
- Able to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Able to influence at all levels and manage a variety of project-based teams.
- Experience of implementing ISO 27001 and ISO 9001
- Experience of Cyber Essentials certification
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station
- On-site gym
- Cycle to work and Childcare Vouchers
- Free fruit every Monday and Wednesday
- Free payday company breakfast
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to events held at Salem Chapel
- Corporate MCard annual pass scheme