Our mission is to power a connected society by providing high quality solutions that enable communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from start-ups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant Northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
As a Security Officer, you will be an important part of our in-house security team, protecting the people and assets of aql while providing a professional, friendly first impression to visitors and facilitating the smooth flow of day-to-day business.
You will be required to:
- Patrol the premises (internal and external) to prevent and detect any signs of intrusion or damage and to ensure security of the doors, windows and gates.
- Respond quickly and investigate any alarms or disturbances.
- Monitor the arrival and departure of aql employees.
- Authorise and facilitate the arrival and departure of external visitors and contractors, carrying out ID checks, maintaining the security of the premises and ensuring a professional, friendly welcome.
- Report and deal with any irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorised persons and unusual occurrences.
- Monitor CCTV across all sites, responding and reporting anything unusual.
- Answer calls, take messages if necessary, and provide information during non-business hours.
- Maintain Covid-safe measures and ensure they are adhered to by others.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Security Manager
- Work to a varying but pre-agreed monthly pattern.
We are looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- Excellent security skills
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence
- Outstanding front of house experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Administration skills including a good level of computer skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Full UK driving licence
- Ex-military background advantageous
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part.