Technical Operations Engineer
At aql, we believe a connected society is a better society. A career with us will place you at the heart of a thriving workplace community, (em)powering people across the world.
We're a group of techies, creatives and everything in between, and we're always looking for talented people to join our growing team in the heart of the thriving South Bank, Leeds. We’re soon to be surrounded by a 6 acre city park and our HQ will become the focal point.
We innovate and break things; doing things other companies don't do - details of which you can find on aql.com/blog. In other words, aql isn't your average company and our people aren't average either.
We want to be excited about coming to work and we want to make a difference. Otherwise, what's the point?
Key values :
- Collaboration: Above all, we believe in and succeed through collaboration. It’s at the heart of who we are, we support each other in order to succeed.
- Knowledge: With collaboration comes a sharing of knowledge. We are always learning, growing and evolving in order to continue to deliver the best possible service for our customers. As one of the team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside leading experts in their field, with a wealth of experience to share.
- Innovation: We strive to accelerate progress by taking an imaginative and original approach to all we do.
- Trust: We have a culture of transparency, communication and respect, ensuring our relationships with employees, teams and customer partnerships are built on trust and integrity. We embrace change, diversity and the opinions and ideas of others.
Impact: Not only are we driven to innovate, but we are mindful of doing this in a way which gives back to our planet and environment. From protecting ancient woodland to designing heat-sharing schemes for our datacentres - we believe in being “more good” rather than “less bad”.
Job role, duties & responsibilities:
We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of other organisations, such as retail and government.
As a Technical Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for installation and maintenance of customer connections. You will also work on internal setups and projects. Other duties include systems maintenance (Including Linux and Windows), dealing with customer escalations and data centre network provisioning.
You will be asked to take part in an on-call rota providing 24/7 support, and interacting with our customers, suppliers, contractors, senior management and directors; therefore excellent communication skills, and the ability to work to deadlines with flexible hours are essential.
Our customers trust us with their sensitive data: You must be able to pass the UK Government Security Vetting.
Essential skills, knowledge and/or experience:
We are looking for someone with a true passion for technology, who enjoys putting the customer first and is constantly looking to improve and innovate.
- Experience in Linux System administration – experience in Windows is also desirable.
- Knowledge of computer networking
- Effective problem solver
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work both in a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to write and present documentation of projects and systems
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station
- Free on-site gym
- Free on-site parking
- Free fruit
- Free payday company breakfast
- Free table tennis and table football
- Free monthly socials
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual travel pass scheme