Technical Operations Engineer
We need an outstanding individual with a passion for Tech!
Whether you already have technical experience or just the desire to work in this field, you will need a genuine passion for technology, enjoy working to put the customer first and constantly looking to improve and innovate.
aql is a fast-paced, rapidly growing and award-winning telecommunications company based in Leeds city centre, providing wholesale integrated communications services ranging from mobile messaging, IP telephony, fibre and wireless leased lines, secure data centre hosting to machine to machine (m2m) services for the growing demand of the IoT marketplace.
As a Technical Operations Engineer you will be responsible for:
- System maintenance and installation of both internal and customer set ups
- Building and installation of customer sites (WiFi/Leased Lines)
You will be working as part of the Technical Operations Team and also working on sole projects.
We are looking for people with:
- Experience in Linux environment and system administration (Linux) – experience in Windows is also desirable.
- Knowledge of computer networking
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work both in a team and on their own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to write and present documentation of projects and systems
- Competitive salary
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station
- Free on-site parking
- Free on-site gym
- Cycle to Work
- Free fruit
- Free payday company breakfast
- Healthcare cash plan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Corporate MCard annual pass scheme
- Monthly socials