First Line Support Technician
Our mission is to empower a better-connected society by providing innovation which enables and underpins seamless communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant Northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
We are looking for an articulate and professional First Line Support Technician to join our Support team.
You’ll have solid experience of first-line support, are self-motivated and customer focused.
As part of the job, you will be trained, developed and learn more about our diverse product range and how we can support our customers with excellence. You will work across a variety of technologies within the IT infrastructure and telecoms space.
Responsible for :
- Providing effective first-line support to aql’s varied customer base.
- Working to strict SLAs, following correct escalation procedures, ensuring the timely resolution of incidents and problems as prioritised in agreed service levels.
- Effective incident ticket queue management, communications and ownership of logged incident tickets.
- Initial customer fault investigation on our SMS, FAX, Voice, 3G/4G data and WIFI & Leased Line platforms.
- Managing and responding to automated internal alerts.
- Upkeep of internal IT documentation.
- Must have a genuine passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Have proven experience of working in a first-line support team and understand the demands.
- Are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Go above and beyond to take a task to its completion.
- Are able to work efficiently on your own, or as a supportive team member.
- Have experience of working to tight and moving deadlines.
- Have experience with Unix/Linux systems, VoIP (SIP, Asterisk), hardware configuration knowledge or MySQL and PHP (desirable).
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds
- Annual travel pass if needed
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part