aql’s Core platform provides a complete end-to-end IoT solution, allowing local connectivity through our aql Edge IoT boards which deliver seamless integration of Bluetooth, Wifi, LoRa and Serial based sensors. Supporting cellular protocols such as 4G/LTE, NB-IoT, or 5G. All communications between the Edge boards and Core platform are via MQTTS which is secured via aql’s secure FIPS 140-3 compliant security framework.
The Core platform enables you to integrate sensor data from a variety of sources including the Edge boards and other third-party devices via an IoT application programming interface (API). The API first Core platform allows complete control for all aspects of IoT sensor and device management.
Being fully mobile responsive, the Core platform provides a suite of 24×7 reporting capabilities which include real time charting to enable early data warnings and Smart Alarms flag readings or communication issues. Push notifications via SMS or email ensure stakeholders are in complete control over the managed devices.
All aspects of the data gathered through third party IoT devices and Edge boards can be queried through the Core platform and associated IoT restful API.
The Core platform supports a series of devices and Sensors out of the box, but with custom decoders the aql Core platform easily allows IoT sensors to be added to the platform.
aql’s Core platform enables:
- Local sensor connectivity and monitoring and backhaul communications.
- Device coordination and control.
- Data storage and device decoding.
- Data visualisation, reporting and sensor escalation.
- Easily manage multiple locations with map integrations to display real world locations.
- Third-party integration.
aql’s range of Edge developer boards have been created to communicate effectively with our Core platform to control and aggregate data from compatible sensors.
We have a range of aql Edge developer boards:
The boards have additional onboard functionality including:
+ On-board processing:
On-board processor capable of supporting low power embedded programming that can be updated by the owner of the board with their own code. aql has an extensive SDK library of code released under GitHub creative commons.
+ Bare board / cased;
A separate module allowing LoraWAN capability either inclient or aggregation mode capacity.
- On-board processing: On-board processor capable of supporting low power embedded programming that can be updated by the owner of the board with their own code. aql has an extensive SDK library of code released under GitHub creative commons.
- Bare board / cased: Available as a bare board, or as a fully encased robust unit with IP rated connectors.
aql also provides the networks for the Core platform and
Edge boards to work on, these include:
If your application has a low-latency requirement, our 5GNaaS can provide on-net connectivity for your devices and your platform, which we can accommodate either via Colocation in our physical datacentres or via aql’s cloud. Please talk to us about your requirements. We’re involved in multiple 4G/5G projects and would love to help – please see our 5G blog page.