Our mission is to power a connected society by providing high quality solutions that enable communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
A career at aql will place you at the heart of an industry-leading trusted communications provider empowering people across the world.
We’re a group of techies, creatives and everything in between who innovate and break things. In other words, we try to do what other companies don’t (to find out more visit our blog).
aql is a trusted communications provider specialising in secure and reliable wholesale access to fixed and mobile networks for government, enterprise and innovators. We are responsible for voice services and numbering for approximately 90 million numbers for over 20 UK ISPs, route over 1 million SMS text messages per day and enable over 40 UK MVNO brands. We also own and operate a significant national data network and secure datacentre sites within the UK.
aql is a global company with our heart firmly beating from the centre of Leeds. We’re always looking for talented people to join the team, no matter where they are located.
We want you to be excited about working for a fast paced and ambitious company, one that is truly making a difference. Otherwise, what’s the point?
- Collaboration: Above all, we believe in and succeed through collaboration. It’s at the heart of who we are. We support each other and our customers in order to succeed.
- Innovation: We strive to accelerate progress by taking an imaginative and original approach to all we do.
- Empowerment: We design systems to enable customers to implement technology without the heavy lifting.
- Knowledge: With collaboration comes a sharing of knowledge. We are always learning, growing and evolving in order to continue to deliver the best possible service for our customers. As one of the team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside leading experts in their field, with a wealth of experience to share.
- Trust: We have a culture of transparency, communication and respect, ensuring our relationships with employees, teams and customer partnerships are built on trust and integrity. We embrace change, diversity and the opinions and ideas of others.
- Impact: Not only are we driven to innovate, but we are mindful of doing this in a way which gives back to our planet and environment. From protecting ancient woodland to designing heat-sharing schemes for our datacentres – we believe in ‘tech for good’.
Job role, duties & responsibilities:
We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of other organisations, such as retail and government, from our sites in central Leeds.
As an Account Manager, reporting to the Customer Experience Director, you will be part of an enthusiastic and driven Account Management team responsible for building, developing and nurturing trusted relationships with our customers.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Being lead point of contact for all matters relating to your customers.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Developing a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Identifying opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell complementary products.
- Evaluating and negotiating commercial opportunities with existing customers.
- Forecasting and tracking key account metrics.
- Assisting and owning customer requests or issuing escalations as needed.
- Meeting monthly cross-sell and up-sell targets.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, adaptable and commercially minded, with excellent customer service skills and a track record to prove it. You are a first-class communicator, presenter and influencer, with the ability to juggle multiple account management projects while maintaining sharp attention to detail and keen analysis. You have outstanding relationship-building skills and proven experience in delivering exceptional customer care and focused solutions, with a strong background in the tech/telecoms industry.
- Remote working
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds
- Annual travel pass if needed