At aql, we believe a connected society is a better society. A career with us will place you at the heart of a thriving workplace community, (em)powering people across the world.
We’re a group of techies, creatives and everything in between, and we’re always looking for talented people to join our growing team in the heart of the thriving South Bank, Leeds. We’re soon to be surrounded by a 6 acre city park and our HQ will become the focal point.
We innovate and break things; doing things other companies don’t do – details of which you can find on aql.com/blog. In other words, aql isn’t your average company and our people aren’t average either.
We want to be excited about coming to work and we want to make a difference. Otherwise, what’s the point?
- Collaboration: Above all, we believe in and succeed through collaboration. It’s at the heart of who we are, we support each other in order to succeed.
- Knowledge: With collaboration comes a sharing of knowledge. We are always learning, growing and evolving in order to continue to deliver the best possible service for our customers. As one of the team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside leading experts in their field, with a wealth of experience to share.
- Innovation: We strive to accelerate progress by taking an imaginative and original approach to all we do.
- Trust: We have a culture of transparency, communication and respect, ensuring our relationships with employees, teams and customer partnerships are built on trust and integrity. We embrace change, diversity and the opinions and ideas of others.
- Impact: Not only are we driven to innovate, but we are mindful of doing this in a way which gives back to our planet and environment. From protecting ancient woodland to designing heat-sharing schemes for our datacentres – we believe in being “more good” rather than “less bad”.
Job role, duties & responsibilities:
We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of other organisations, such as retail and government, from our sites in central Leeds.
As an Account Manager, reporting to the Customer Experience Director, you will be part of an enthusiastic and driven Account Management team responsible for building, developing and nurturing trusted relationships with our customers.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Being lead point of contact for all matters relating to your customers.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Developing a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Identifying opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell complementary products.
- Evaluating and negotiating commercial opportunities with existing customers.
- Forecasting and tracking key account metrics.
- Assisting and owning customer requests or issuing escalations as needed.
- Meeting monthly cross-sell and up-sell targets.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, adaptable and commercially minded, with excellent customer service skills and a track record to prove it. You are a first-class communicator, presenter and influencer, with the ability to juggle multiple account management projects while maintaining sharp attention to detail and keen analysis. You ideally have experience in Account Management, but this is not essential if you can demonstrate strong relationship-building skills and experience in delivering exceptional customer care and focused solutions.
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station
- Free on-site gym
- Free on-site parking
- Free fruit
- Free payday company breakfast
- Free table tennis and table football
- Free monthly socials
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual travel pass scheme