As an aql Account Manager you’ll be an integral part of the enthusiastic and driven Account Management team responsible for building, developing, and nurturing long-lasting trusted relationships with our customers.
We offer hybrid working after successful completion of the probationary period but encourage office working 3 days a week.
Reporting directly to the VP of Business Development.
- Finding and procuring new business in line with aql strategy.
- Creating and delivering professional, high-quality presentations, proposals and negotiations.
- Accurate analysis and reporting of progress, profitability and prospects to senior management.
- Being lead point of contact for all matters specific to your customers.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Developing a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Identifying opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell complementary products.
- Evaluating and negotiating commercial opportunities with existing customers.
- Forecasting and tracking key account metrics.
- Assisting and owning customer requests or issuing escalations as needed.
- Meeting monthly cross-sell and up-sell targets.
- Liaising internally with other departments such as technical operations, finance, and support to help resolve any matters related to your specific customers.
- Ownership of all incoming account management and sales calls with appropriate documentation in Swift.
- Ensuring Pipedrive is up to date with details of deals won or progress of deals being worked on.
- Working closely with the billing department, ensuring customer accounts run smoothly and dealing with any related requests.
- Managing the Account Management support tickets, working to strict SLAs, ensuring the timely resolution of customer queries and requests.
- Working closely with the finance team to ensure that queries are resolved promptly, and any corrective action is taken.
- Onboarding new customers.
- Diary management and organisation.
- Ensuring compliance with internal processes and ISO27001.
- Responsibility for administering customer works orders to ensure teams internally can work efficiently to deliver.
- Submitting credit limit increase/implementation requests to the finance team.
- Upkeep of internal documentation.
- Collating information into billing requests to the finance team.
- Reporting for key customers.
- Other tasks as required.
Overall knowledge, skills and behaviours
We are looking for a highly organised and professional Account Manager to join our Commercial team. You’ll have solid experience within sales and customer focused role and work closely with the Sales Administration Executives to deliver a high level of customer service.
As part of the job, you will be trained, developed, and learn more about our diverse product range and how we can support our customers with excellence. Initial training will be given in the department as required, to introduce the candidate to the business and provide an overview of internal and bespoke systems.
Personal skills and characteristics
- Have excellent customer service skills and a track record to prove it.
- Experience in a sales or account management role is preferred but not essential if you can demonstrate great customer service experience.
- Experience in empowering high level consistent customer success rates.
- Have outstanding attention to detail.
- Will be accurate, efficient, and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed.
- Will be able to work well as part of a team.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Will remain professional, confident, and diplomatic when liaising with others.
- Can maintain strong relationships with external clients and internal colleagues.
- Will be adaptable to change.
- Must possess a full UK driving licence.
- Able to demonstrate exceptional achievement in business development and sales.
- Skilled at turning prospects into long-standing, loyal accounts.
- You will have outstanding negotiating, presentation, and networking skills.
- A background in the tech/telecoms industry.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds
- Annual travel pass if needed
Our mission is to empower a better-connected society by providing innovation which enables and underpins seamless communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part