Pre-Sales Technical Engineer (Connectivity)
Our mission is to empower a better-connected society by providing innovation which enables and underpins seamless communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
The Pre-Sales Technical Engineer will be responsible for providing technical solutions to new and existing customers on high bandwidth Connectivity Services. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional with strong core technical skills to join and add value to a face-paced, innovative company.
The role holder will be responsible for actively driving and managing the pre-sales process with both prospective and existing customers and must be able to articulate the company’s technology and product portfolio.
Primarily engaged in a presales technical consultancy role, the Pre-Sales Technical Engineer will provide technical assistance and guidance during the pre-sales process by identifying customers’ technical and business requirements, prior to designing a solution, consulting with technical teams about capabilities, and supporting the sales team, account managers, project management and senior leadership.
- Take ownership of delivering all technical aspects of the sales process to ensure that the proposition to the customer is closely aligned to the capabilities of the aql product set
- Attend meetings with potential clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensure that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes
- Take responsibility for the demonstration of the company’s products for which you have knowledge and experience and work with other company employees who have experience in other areas
- Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products
- Adhere to the Company’s ISO standards and Business Processes
- Work with the Sales Team and Account Management to ensure they and the Product Manager are always up-to-date with new products
- Ensure the successful onboarding of new customers so that the technical solution is delivered and understood by the Account Management and Support Teams working with the Technical & Project Teams
- Manage provision of technical responses to formal tenders
- Build productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
Provide a full technical review for both new business solutions and additional sales to existing customers.
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part.