Senior Software Engineer
At aql, we believe a connected society is a better society. A career with us will place you at the heart of a thriving workplace community, (em)powering people across the world.
We’re a group of techies, creatives and everything in between, and we’re always looking for talented people to join our growing team in the heart of the thriving South Bank, Leeds. We’re soon to be surrounded by a 6 acre city park and our HQ will become the focal point.
We innovate and break things; doing things other companies don’t do – details of which you can find on aql.com/blog. In other words, aql isn’t your average company and our people aren’t average either.
We want to be excited about coming to work and we want to make a difference. Otherwise, what’s the point?
- Collaboration: Above all, we believe in and succeed through collaboration. It’s at the heart of who we are, we support each other in order to succeed.
- Knowledge: With collaboration comes a sharing of knowledge. We are always learning, growing and evolving in order to continue to deliver the best possible service for our customers. As one of the team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside leading experts in their field, with a wealth of experience to share.
- Innovation: We strive to accelerate progress by taking an imaginative and original approach to all we do.
- Trust: We have a culture of transparency, communication and respect, ensuring our relationships with employees, teams and customer partnerships are built on trust and integrity. We embrace change, diversity and the opinions and ideas of others.
- Impact: Not only are we driven to innovate, but we are mindful of doing this in a way which gives back to our planet and environment. From protecting ancient woodland to designing heat-sharing schemes for our datacentres – we believe in being “more good” rather than “less bad”.
Job role, duties & responsibilities:
We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of other organisations, such as retail and government.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our growing Development team, working on a diverse range of systems, platforms and projects that manage our innovative messaging, telecoms, datacentre, connectivity and “Internet of Things” services.
You will be working on new developments to improve our current portfolio of services, as well as rearchitecting older systems. There is plenty to challenge, and many opportunities to learn.
Our customers trust us with their sensitive data: You must be able to pass the UK Government Security Vetting.
We are a close-knit, friendly team – there is a great atmosphere and coffee is always available!
Essential skills, knowledge and/or experience:
We are looking for someone with a true passion for Development and technology, who will thrive in an Agile environment where you will have input on every stage of a software project.
Core skills: PHP – Laravel – Docker – Agile – Unit Testing – REST – CI/CD
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station
- Free on-site gym
- Free on-site parking
- Free fruit
- Free payday company breakfast
- Free table tennis and table football
- Free monthly socials
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual travel pass scheme