Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to power a connected society by providing high quality solutions that enable communications between cities, communities, people and businesses.
We’re the engine behind many global brands and have been a trusted hidden partner for tens of thousands of businesses from startups to scale-ups.
We handle millions of text messages a day, millions of voice minutes, hundreds of thousands of remote connected devices. We also are the enablers behind the first significant Northern internet infrastructure, handling many hundreds of Terabits of capacity.
A common thread running through all of our products and services, particularly so during this pandemic, is that we’re enabling smart companies to get to market quicker with innovative services to help every sector work better.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be an important part of our growing Development team working on a diverse range of systems, platforms and projects that manage our innovative messaging, telecoms, datacentre, connectivity and “Internet of Things” services.
You will be working on new developments to improve our current portfolio of services, as well as rearchitecting older systems. There is plenty to challenge, and many opportunities to learn.
- Develop testing and implementation of new systems, platforms and services.
- Identify and introduce new technology and methods.
- Ensure all systems and platforms meet the defined aql standards.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and mentoring for less experienced members of the team.
- Be on-hand to fix and advise on any issues that may arise.
- Detect and implement ideas to improve systems and platforms in line with business objectives.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with other parts of the business to keep them updated on new developments.
Our customers trust us with their sensitive data, communication systems and overall network experience. You must be able to use your knowledge to quickly solve problems and be a keen team player but further requirements include:
- 5 years plus software engineering experience.
- Strong ability to solve problems quickly.
- Self-starter, able to work with limited guidance and offer guidance and leadership to others.
- Effective decision making with good judgement.
- Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency and composure.
- Highly effective communicator and team player.
- Ability to make a positive impact within a strong team.
- Able to pass the UK Government Security Vetting.
- PHP – must be able to use PHP open source scripting language to develop website or web applications.
- Laravel – experience with Laravel web framework.
- Docker – experience of using platform-as-a service tool, Docker
- Agile – ability to move quickly and easily to develop software.
- Unit Testing – high level experience of software testing units/ components.
- REST – REST, or REpresentational State Transfer.
- CI/CD – understanding of the combined practices of continuous integration and either continuous delivery or continuous deployment.
- Remote working
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Historical and inspiring head office in Central Leeds
- Annual travel pass if needed
If you submit an application to aql, your application and personal details will be processed in accordance with the policy outlined in our Applicants’ Privacy Notice.
This page is copyright © aql and not to be reproduced in whole or part