At aql, we believe a connected society is a better society. A career with us will place you at the heart of a thriving workplace community, (em)powering people across the world.
We're a group of techies, creatives and everything in between, and we're always looking for talented people to join our growing team in the heart of the thriving South Bank, Leeds. We’re soon to be surrounded by a 6 acre city park and our HQ will become the focal point.
We innovate and break things; doing things other companies don't do - details of which you can find on aql.com/blog. In other words, aql isn't your average company and our people aren't average either.
We want to be excited about coming to work and we want to make a difference. Otherwise, what's the point?
Key values :
- Collaboration: Above all, we believe in and succeed through collaboration. It’s at the heart of who we are, we support each other in order to succeed.
- Knowledge: With collaboration comes a sharing of knowledge. We are always learning, growing and evolving in order to continue to deliver the best possible service for our customers. As one of the team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside leading experts in their field, with a wealth of experience to share.
- Innovation: We strive to accelerate progress by taking an imaginative and original approach to all we do.
- Trust: We have a culture of transparency, communication and respect, ensuring our relationships with employees, teams and customer partnerships are built on trust and integrity. We embrace change, diversity and the opinions and ideas of others.
- Impact: Not only are we driven to innovate, but we are mindful of doing this in a way which gives back to our planet and environment. From protecting ancient woodland to designing heat-sharing schemes for our datacentres - we believe in being “more good” rather than “less bad”.
Job role, duties & responsibilities :
We provide services to many UK telecommunications operators and to thousands of other organisations, such as retail and government.
As a Support Technician, your role will encompass both first line customer support and number porting.
You’ll be based in our unique office, where you will be trained, developed and learn more about our diverse product range and how we can support our customers with excellence. You will work across a variety of technologies within the IT infrastructure and telecoms space.
First line support :
- Providing first line support to aql’s varied customer base
- Working to strict SLAs, following correct escalation procedures, ensuring the timely resolution of incidents and problems as prioritised in agreed service levels
- Effective incident ticket queue management and ownership of logged incident tickets
- Initial customer fault investigation on our SMS, FAX, Voice, 3G/4G data and WIFI & Leased Line platforms
- Managing and responding to automated internal alerts
- Upkeep of internal IT documentation
- Scheduling and coordination of number portings with customers and other carriers within agreed SLAs
- Verifying the porting requirement raised by customers for various products
- Initiating porting requests with carriers, regularly following up on progress and finalising porting dates
- Notifying customers regarding scheduling of their number porting requests
- Porting rejection management in coordination with customers and other carriers
- Coordinating with various internal teams in line with requirements
- Reacting to escalations as per business priority
- Attending regular calls with customers as applicable
Essential skills, knowledge and/or experience :
- We are looking for someone who has a genuine passion for providing excellent customer service, along with:
- Experience of working in a first line support team and understanding of the demands
- Determination to always take a task to its completion
- Ability to work efficiently on your own, or as a supportive team member
- Experience of working to tight and moving deadlines
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems, VoIP (SIP, Asterisk), hardware configuration knowledge OR MySQL and PHP (desirable)
- Convenient location in South Bank, a five-minute walk from the station
- Free on-site gym
- Free on-site parking
- Free fruit
- Free payday company breakfast
- Free table tennis and table football
- Free monthly socials
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual travel pass scheme