We are currently looking for an experienced Technical Operations Engineer to work in our Technical Operations Team at our Leeds city centre offices.
As a Technical Operations Engineer you will be responsible for:
- System maintenance and installation of both internal and customer set ups
- Building and installation of customer sites (WiFi/leased lines)
- Data centre work, which will include some physical activity (floor lifting, running cables and fibres) and cable crimping can be required
You will be working as part of the Technical Operations Team and also working on sole projects.
We are looking for people with:
- Experience in Linux environment and system administration (Linux) – experience in Windows is also desirable
- Knowledge of computer networking
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work both in a team and on their own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to write and present documentation of projects and systems
Hours of work are 8.50 a.m. - 5.10 p.m. Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch. Weekend and out of hours cover will be required.