SMS relay activation API
Once your number ranges or individual numbers have been passed to the networks for SMS datafill, some networks require notification that the number is live so that they can activate the routing for these. This typically takes 1-2 business days. To pass your number(s) to these networks, you can make use of the following API.
In order to send a message using the gateway, you will need to send a request to one of the following:
The gateway expects HTTP POST/GET of:
Returned is a string consisting of (without leading and trailing quote): “:” – e.g.: 1:
The status corresponds to one of the following:
- 0: Successful For example:
- 0: Successful
- 441133203040: Accepted
- 441133204060: Request rejected (Number not owned by this account)
- 4411332030040: Invalid number
- 1: Authentication Error
- 3: Absent Parameters
- Numbers can be comma separated – e.g. 441133203040,441133204060,4411332030040
- The numbers entered must be the full geographic number and not an area code or number range
- Numbers can be accepted in any format – e.g. 441133203040,0113 3204060,(0113) 32030040
- The networks can only accept a limited number of requests per day.
- Each user is restricted to 25% of the currently remaining quota. If a request is unsuccessful, or your number has not been activated by a particular network, please resubmit this on a different day and this will be resubmitted to the networks
aql provide millions of geographic numbers that are already active for SMS Relay, so please get in touch.