The distribution list mode allows you to send synthesised voice messages to an entire list of individuals as quickly and efficiently as possible. You can use Email to Speech to send a single voice message from your email client to a predefined distribution list of mobile numbers.
Create a distribution list
- Login to your aql account.
- Choose "Email to Speech", then "Manage distribution lists" from the Setup menu.
- Select "Add" to create a new distribution list.
- Copy your mobile or landline numbers into the distribution list. The format of the list is either one mobile or landline number per line with no commas or: mobilenumber1,mobilenumber2,mobilenumber3, – ie appended by commas with no spaces.
- Paste this list of numbers into the "mobile number list" box on site, enter a name for the list, and press 'validate'.
- Confirm: You will be presented with the imported data and asked to confirm it appears as expected. Once you have confirmed, the distribution list will be saved for use.
Create an email address
- Choose "Distribution list" from the 'Email to Speech' menu.
- Associate a sending email address (the one setup in your email client) to the distribution list you have setup.
- After you have added the association a 30 character 'key reference' will be shown. The key is unique to this association.
Send a message to your distribution list
- To send a message to your distribution list, send an email to: <keyreference>
@voicedist.aql.com. (eg: firstname.lastname@example.org)
You will receive a confirmation/error message from the system notifying you if the messages have been sent out, or whether you do not have enough credit.
Sending rates and destinations
The text message will then be taken from the first 300 characters of the subject and message body together.
Your account will be charged 1 SMS credit per voice message.